Monday, September 10, 2012

How I've Come To See 9/11

This year is just like that year--eleven ago--when I was a frosh at Muhlenberg, and being an international student became a position of suspicion. Thankfully, I didn't encounter ignorance at my school.  Just like 2001, the 11th is on a Tuesday.  I was in NY that Sunday and as we passed the Towers, I figured I'd visit on another trip into the city, as the group I'd traveled with was trying to be on time for an off broadway show.  What a missed opportunity.

I was going to say that looking back, it's a little jaw-dropping to see how the global face has changed. Perhaps, though, it's better to say that true colors came out after 9/11. I'm not getting into all the theories, conspiracy theories, facts, and figures. Underneath all of that is the reality that the world has always been like this. Sure, as expected (See Matthew 24 and Luke 21), things are intensifying and happening more frequently, but the general condition of humanity hasn't changed. September 11, 2001 was another day when God wept over mankind's rampant heartlessness towards his fellows.

2 comments:

  1. 'September 11, 2001 was another day when God wept over mankind's rampant heartlessness towards his fellows.' Indeed....and one day He will say, 'enough.' I'm looking forward to that day.

    ReplyDelete

Please comment with courtesy. It's okay to disagree! Just don't tear someone else down to do so. And find ways to share without profanity or other obscenities. I look forward to our conversation!