Friday, August 17, 2012

What I've Been Up To

Practically a year and a half later, I've decided to resurrect this blog. Lots of interesting things to come. And lots of interesting things have happened since February 2011. Here are some highlights:

-We had our second child (a girl this time =D)
-I finished the manuscript for my first novel
-We started a small group
-I've decided to let go of a dream to which I clung too tightly

Each of those things has backstory. Maybe I'll share some time.

In other news, The Darling Doctor, otherwise known as my husband, has been especially supportive of my writing this year. Most recently, he created a simple, easy-to-use Blackberry App where you can keep up-to-date with my blog, Facebook page, and Tweets. It's called Alana A Wellington Feeds.

Today, he suggested that instead of publishing the sequel to my novel next, I should work on "that book you've been talking about". What book? you ask. Well, you shall soon find out. I'm warming up to the idea. Of course I'll be working on Book 2 too. Yes, I just did that. And all this before Book 1 is out.

If you want a preview of Book 1 and a bit of what it's all about, and to see me in living color, you can see my indiegogo campaign page. Yes, it was a failed campaign, but it was a quality one, and failure isn't always a bad thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment with courtesy. It's okay to disagree! Just don't tear someone else down to do so. And find ways to share without profanity or other obscenities. I look forward to our conversation!